APPLY FOR CITIZENSHIP
Having a Canadian passport is the dream of many people. However, not everyone really understands the great benefits of owning this “powerful” passport and being a Canadian citizen.
STRONG BENEFITS OF OWNING A CANADIAN PASSPORT
- You have the right to vote and run for political offices. You can also participate in provincial and city elections;
- Your child will become a Canadian citizen, whether the child was born in Canada or not;
- Allows multiple/dual citizenship so there is no need to choose between the new nationality and the original nationality;
- Can work in certain occupations that require high level of security, at the federal projects for example;
- Possess a “powerful” passport that allows you to travel to many countries without a visa, and easily return to Canada.
- Comparing Canadian citizenship and Permanent Residence cards, studies show that citizenship has a more positive effect on the income of people.
CONDITIONS FOR CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP
- You have been granted a Canadian permanent resident card;
- You must have lived in Canada for at least 3 years (or a minimum of 1,095 days) in the last 5 years before applying;
- Can communicate in one or two of Canada’s official languages (English or French);
- Have an income tax report;
- Clean background, no criminal record;
- Pass a test to demonstrate that you are aware of the rights and obligations of citizenship and have a basic knowledge of Canada’s political system, geography, and history.
OTHER REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR SPECIFIC CASES
- Adults at the age of 18 and above;
- Parents or guardians applying for citizenship for children under 18 years old;
- Minors under the age of 18 who submit their own application;
- Adults at the age of 18 and above, serving in the Canadian Army;
- A person who was adopted by a Canadian citizen;
- The stateless person was born to a Canadian citizen.